results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=24534
Question: What do you think about the new SD NAS device?

- Awesome! Where can I get one?
- Nice. I'll put that on my wish list.
- Not for me, but it sure is pretty.
- Lame idea. Have the SD folks lost their minds?

I've been running this exact setup for some time.  First with a ReadyNAS
X6 and now with an NV (sold the X6 on eBay).  Works great and is highly
reliable.  All of my CDs are ripped with EAC (secure) and compressed
into FLAC, these are fed via both wireless (SB3) and gigabit ethernet
(SB2) to my 2 SBs.  I don't know Linux, so DIY was not much of an
option.

Easy, reliable and plenty fast except for when re-indexing my music
collection.  I set up SS to do this at 3am when I am never using the
NAS for anything else.

I also use the NV for video streaming, as my personal FTPS server, and
for data/digital photo backup.

--
Jetlag