Lyonesse Wrote:
> I then run through each track correcting glitches)
Glitches? What exactly do you mean here? There shouldn't be glitches
and if there are you can't fix them.

> I may be mistaken (not very technically minded)but foobar does not use
> codecs but rather sends the pure signal to the output drivers?

Foobar is a player just like the SB3. All it does is read the file,
decode it using an appropriate codec and send it to the output chain
(which in Windows can be quite complex and sound-altering all by
itself). The SB3 does the same thing, but it's output is a nice clean,
high-precision SPDIF.

> Should I invest in a better power supply?

Feel free but I doubt it will fix things. I'm no audiophile but it
seems to me you're just hearing that you -prefer- one sound over
another. I think the SB3 is almost certainly producing an output much
closer to the actual recorded bits, but your system/ears don't seem to
like that as much as a modified version. C'est la vie.

--
radish