Phil Leigh Wrote:

> Until you try and turn them into sound, bits are indeed bits... There
> are many reasons why an accurate rip to HD will give a reliably (ie
> repeatably) accurate rendition of the right bits in the right order -
> and why even the BEST CDP in the world (whatever that is) will sometime
> misread bits from a spinning disc...

No Kevlar jacket required for the above, it's a fact!

[Although some of the latest CDPs which use ROM drives
and do multiple reads will be less prone to occasionally delivering bad
data ...]

I have two sources: a SB & a dcs Verdi.

For CD replay these feed a dcs Elgar+ via a dcs Purcell upsampler.

The whole replay chain is synch'ed via a dcs Verona clock
(the SB path is modified to include a word clock input).

If I have ripped a CD I play it via the SB;
not the Verdi, why would I ...?

--
reeve_mike