Robin Bowes Wrote:

> No, it's not the same at all.
>
> Network transmission has error correction. The data is wrapped up in
> various layers of protocols.
>
> With digital audio, the bits simply transmitted over an analogue
> medium.
> There are all sorts of ways the signal can degrade in transmission and
> hence the musical information represented by the signal can be
> affected.
>
> R.

I think his point is just that, if an error were to happen, it wouldn't
make sense for it to only happen to certain colors.  Every bit is
equally open to corruption.  It would be like drenching a book in water
and giving to someone, only to have them complain that all the R's were
missing.

That being said, I could buy that perhaps the corruption could cause a
lack of "bass solidity".  Going back to the JPEG example, the
corruption might exist throughout the entire photo but be *easier to
see* in areas that are solid black, but less noticeable in more "busy"
sections of the image.

--
azinck3