mgraves Wrote:
> ...and a significant disadvantage as well....the processed files would
> likely be unsuitable as a source for transcoding to MP3 in support of a
> portable device.
>
> I'd probably end up keeping unprocessed files, processed files, and
> MP3s in your library.
>
> Michael

You could do that, but actually I didn't mean that the processing would
happen first and produce a processed version of your library, but
instead that the computer would simply do the processing more or less
as you listened (that's what I meant by faster than real time).  So
that way you could dynamically adjust the filter if you had a reason
to, not to mention many other possibilities.

For example, you might want to filter multiple channels of audio while
watching a movie in surround sound, and that would be very easy to add
to a computer-based implementation like this, and very hard to add to a
harware one like TacT.

--
opaqueice