JohnSwenson Wrote:
> Any specific information?
>
> General overview is unsolder the crystal and caps, hook up a piece of
> ribbon cable to the output of the 51 ohm resistors, alternating gnd and
> signals. One of the signal wires goes to the (now empty) crystal pad
> connected to the input pin of 74hc04. All the gnd wires on the cable
> get connected together to a very short piece of wire connected to a
> convenient gnd point.
> I unsoldered the toslink connector so I had a hole to run the cable
> through.
>
> John S.

Hi! John,
I just unsoldered the 12.28Mhz crystal and find the improvement in even
slightly reduced jitter quite noticeable.  I now want to go one step
further by replacing the 11Mhz crystal with word clock input from the
master clock in Big Ben.  Could you give more details and picture on
the connection after unsoldering the crystal and the 2 caps.

Regards,

Wayne

--
Wayne