I'm thinking of buying a NAS to store all my music files (FLAC and Apple
Lossless.   I have been considering the Buffalo Terastation and now also
the Infrant ReadyNAS (featured in other threads.  I would like if
possible to run Slimserver on the NAS.  I know that the Ready NAS comes
with this pre-loaded and I believe that with some messing about it is
possible to install it on the Terastation.

Questions.  Has anyone successfully had Slimserver running on the
Terastation and what are the experiences?
Are there any issues with using plugins (e.g. Alien BBC) in this mode.
Is ReadyNAS worth the extra cost (UK price is £860 against £500 for the
Terastation, for 1TB)
Would I just be better off using the NAS as as NAS only and running
Slimserver on my PC?

Would be interested in any views.....

--
adrianh1960