Wayne Wrote:
> Hi John,
> I just follow your instrustion on the above,upon firing up, get a good
> termination signal from the Big Ben, but no signal coming out from SB3.
> So, may be my understanding of your instrustion was wrong. Would you
> please clarify for me on the below points:
> 1, Do I need to unsolder the two caps for the crystal?
> 2, Do I need to make any connection to the output pad?
> 3, Is the input labaled as A pin and the output as Y pin?
> Please help!
> Best Regards,
> Wayne
Hi John,
Silly me! Please disregard my post, as the problem was me not setting
the Big Ben output clock freq right at the first place.
Now everything works fine.  The result is smoother high and more detail
at the low end.  But I still think the original clock was very good and
acceptable already, unless you already own a studio clock otherwise it
would not justify the additional cost (for me at least).
I can say the moded SB3 now sound mildly better than my Denon 2930 for
sure.
Thank you John for your great help! ;-)
Best Regards,
Wayne

PS. Congratulation to Sean on the new Transporter, but I still have
unopened SB3 wireless from my recent order, so no need for the
pre-order free SB3. Can we as loyal follower of you (own 3 Slim
Devices) get some really special deal!!

--
Wayne