P Floding Wrote:
> "Transporter's DAC and output amplifiers are powered by Super
> Regulators, based on the legendary design by Walt Jung. These
> regulators offer lower output impedance, faster response, and better
> noise rejection than standard three-terminal regulators. The result is
> an incredibly natural sound, with a pitch-black background and a
> shocking level of detail."
>
> I adress this to the sceptics of most things audiophile here:
> I guess this is not snake-oil any more then? Might there be a lesson to
> be learned here? The hero turns to selling snake-oil.. oh my, oh my...

I don't recall ever having anything bad to say about super regs. On the
contrary, they have improved the performance of every dac or op-amp I've
hooked them up to.  In fact, a few times I suggested internal super regs
as a worthwhile mod to sb2/3, as opposed to the wall wart upgrade, which
I still find questionable.  If you're referring to terms like
"pitch-black background" yes you will find us using a few in marketing
copy. Not everyone gives a flip about measurable things like how many
dBs of noise rejection etc, so you have to try to translate some of
these features into benefits.

--
seanadams