Well, I've been browsing the posts here, gauging people's reactions to
the new fangled device.  I like the design, and I for one really like
the buttons, and the clever knob (!). However, I can't afford it (yet),
and I don't think I would purchase it unless I had a stereo system that
could really do it justice.  And besides, I'm really quite satisfied
with my SB3 (and my turntable).  That said, $2,000 is a pittance when
you consider the combined cost of a quality DAC and CD player - and you
have all the advantages that come with the Squeezebox.  To the "Olive"
fans out there I say, go ahead and buy one and see how you like it in 5
years.

I am also amazed at SlimDevices' willingness to launch itself into the
fray of hardcore audiophilia.. talk about your picky customers.  And it
seems unlikely that the Transporter will compete even remotely with the
SB3 in terms of volume sales, or monetary return.  Why go through the
bother?  Hell, I wouldn't.

Chris in Santa Fe

--
benthos