2006-08-01-13:57:35 GreenMan:
> So, my question is: What bitrate do I need to rip at to get the full
> benefit of lossless ripping of a standard 44.1Hz redbook cd?

Really, you shouldn't have to specify a bitrate -- one usually specifies
a bitrate when lossy encoding is being done, to give the encoding
software a target data rate to aim for when squeezing and partially
throwing away musical information.  If something in the ripping software
you're using is requiring that you specify a bitrate, something may be
set up incorrectly such that the software isn't operating with the
assumptions you desire.

Having said that, uncompressed CD data's bitrate can be referred to (and
is, by SlimServer) as "1411kbps CBR".