JohnSwenson Wrote:
> A number of people like to put damping material or little sand bags over
> the crystal on their DACs, supposedly for vibration damping. I found
> they primarily work by thermally insullating the parts, they get hot
> faster and ultimately reach a higher temperature. Of course at some
> point the parts stop working when they get TOO hot. A delicate
> balance!
>
> John S.
You are right, that's why lab equipments often require advance thermal
control.  BTW, my experience shows that having the Apogee Big Ben as a
clock source (they claim the internal clock jitter is so low and
distributed in a bell shape that it is really below the measurement
threshold of most measuring equipments)would work much better than
looping the digital output through it for de-jitter purpose. And if
possible using a single clock source such as Big Ben or other good
master clock for all digital devices in the chain would result in very
rewarding result.

Wayne

--
Wayne