I ripped all my CD's (and all my wife's) to FLAC.  Primarily to have a
backup so that regardless of what the next format that comes along is,
I can just convert from the CD-equivalent FLAC's.
I also converted everything to MP3's, moving the FLAC's to offline
storage and using the MP3's for listening and iPod usage.  I just don't
have enough online storage to keep them online and in backup.    Maybe
when 500GB drives get cheaper....

It was easier to just do everything than to try to keep a split
organization.  So I did it all, including REO Speedwagen's Greatest
Hits.

Eric

--
kolding