michel Wrote:
> I am very happy with my Benchmark DAC1. I did not hear a better DAC to
> date.
> (be sure to use the XLR outputs to release full potential)

I'm also using a DAC-1... agree that it sounds fantastic, especially
feeding DIRECTLY to my amp.  However, I just spent 2 hours today
reconfiguring my setup to try the balanced XLR outputs... and guess
what... NO AUDIBLE IMPROVEMENT!  Further, the lower output gain meant I
needed to crank up the volume on my DAC-1.  True balanced XLR
connections are intended to lower the noise floor from LONG cable runs,
which are not an issue for me.  Granted, the "locking" feature of the
cables are nice, but I ended up going back to the RCA connections,
which allows me to continue using a rotary switchbox (Niles AXP-1) for
alternating my source between SB, Receiver, or DVD/CD player

--
sleepysurf

squeezebox2 (with elpac linear psu) to benchmark dac1, direct to sunfire
cinema grand 200 ~five (vertically bi-amped) driving ml aerius i's, blue
jeans cables.  'click to see my system'
(http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=732)