mauidan Wrote:
> Mauimods.com and db-systems can install word clock inputs on any TacT
> product you like. Mauimods.com can also give you word clock
> out if you like, but no stock TacT unit has word clock out.
>
> I doubt you will hear any difference between the Transporter's digital
> output and your SB3's, but I look forward to your report. For less than
> $2K, you can buy a very nice music server and eliminate the need for a
> PC and SB.

Anthony has modded all of my TACT gear.  Don't think I want  word clock
output from the TACT pieces, but it would be nice if you could slave the
DACs in the RCS and TCS to an external clock. For now, I'll just clock
the BOZ216/2200 setup and the Transporter to a master clock.

I like the Transporter b/c it has the perfect combination of
functionality, connectivity and aesthetics.  I have a PC running in
another room 24/7 anyway and don't really want to have to keep a server
and monitor in my audio room to do what I can do with the Transporter.
At a cost of under $4K for 2, it is relatively cost effective solution
for me.

--
Sleestack

*headphone:* singlepower sds-xlr at, teac esoteric p-03/d-03, hd650
*2 channel:* tact rcs 2.2.xp w/ full aberdeen mods, bel canto oneref.
1000 monoblocks x 4, classe sacd2, epiphany 20-21s, tact w210 corner
load subs
*5.1 channel:* tact tcs mkii w/ aberdeen power supply, tact boz
216/2200 (x5) w/ aberdeen power supply, tact adc6 w/ full aberdeen
mods, denon 5910, bel canto pl-1a, eggleston andra ii (x5), velodyne
dd-15, pioneer elite pro 1130hd