MoodyDragon Wrote:
> If I understand correctly, you are saying a 1.5m digital cable is
> superiour to a 1 meter one? Why? I thought 1 meter was the 'magic'
> lenght.

The 1.5m "rule" is based on an assumption that the rise time is usually
about 25ns, and therefore a cable should be at least this long in order
to ensure that a reflection from the start of the transition does not
reach the receiver at the same instant that it is sampling the edge.

However, transition times other than 25ns are possible (squeezebox is
17ns), and furthermore, in a properly controlled system there should be
no reflections regardless of cable length.

--
seanadams