seanadams Wrote:
> Can you clarify - when you say the doorbell "rings" do you mean it
> resonates from the sound in the room (ie some sonic effect), or do you
> mean it actually rings as if someone had pushed the button (indicating
> perhaps an RF emission)?

What I have is a wireless chime extender (transmitter sits on the main
doorbell chime, and sends a wireless signal to the plugged-in chime
extender, at opposite side of house, whenever the doorbell rings).
However, when my speaker hits a certain high note, the EXTENDER chime
goes off (doorbell itself not ringing).

When analog muting is invoked the EXTENDER chime does NOT go off (but I
can get it to go off if I turn up my Benchmark volume a bit).

I couldn't find any documentation of what the chime extender
transmission frequency is.  FYI, here's a link to the product...
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/jsearch/product.jsp?pn=100040480

I'll experiment more with it Thurs.

--
sleepysurf

squeezebox2 (with elpac linear psu) to benchmark dac1, direct to sunfire
cinema grand 200 ~five (vertically bi-amped) driving ml aerius i's, blue
jeans cables.  'click to see my system'
(http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=732)