andy_c Wrote:
> Ahh, you're right.  I hooked it up through the analog output of the SB
> and verified that the analog level stays the same until the streaming
> is stopped (not just paused) and re-started.  This makes the test
> harder to perform.
>
> After changing the technique to re-start the stream, I still couldn't
> tell the difference though.
>
> Music used was the solo piano version of "Malachi" from Andrew Hill's
> latest album "Time Lines".  Great recording.

Try taking the Berhinger out of the loop.  If this tweak is reducing
the noise floor of the sb digital out, maybe it is already lower than
the noise floor of that piece of gear.

Maybe try a coax connection instead too.  Weren't the jitter specs of
the optical out from the sb abysmal compared to the coax?  I know the
DAC1 is supposed to be immune, but still.....

--
samplesj

Jeremy
'2 Channel system'