P Floding Wrote:
> Actually, audio reproduction is not an exact science. There is no
> ultimate sound system on this planet that sounds perfect to all ears.
> Perhaps I overstated the case, but the fact remains that it is hard to
> believe that more jitter will sound better. Especially since we know
> that one of the reasons digital sounded so awful in its ugly childhood
> was that the engineers had overlooked the effects of jitter.

I thought it was because they were still trying to compensate for
certain deficiencies of analog recording when it was unneeded for
digital.

P Floding Wrote:
> We here have been over this before, and unless you simply search the
> archives, I suggest we start a new thread if you'd like to discuss it.
> (Short answer: FLAC needs more processing in the SB, so no-one can
> claim the situations are fully equivalent.)

So how is this different than any other piece of computer hardware?
Minus of course, the dedicated "FLAC Machine" with gate logic solely
optimized for FLAC algorithm decoding :P

--
CFP