Sleestack;132914 Wrote:
> How does this impact sound quality? Is there any data/evidnce of the
> differences?  I really would like to know.

I assume he simply means putting the PC far from the SB so as to avoid
noise from fans.  That's not a very good reason - my PC is essentially
totally silent; it's very easy to build or buy one like that these
days.  Furthermore you can have the PC far away and still use
wireless...

The sound quality of a wired and wireless connections is identical, so
long as the wireless network has enough bandwidth to transmit a FLAC or
WAV.  That's never been a problem for my network, and if it is it will
manifest itself as a stoppage in the music, not as decreased sound
quality.  The information sent to the SB buffer is exactly the same in
both cases - first it gets sent, is received by the SB, then it is
processed and played back (again by the SB).  There are essentially no
bit errors due to TCP/IP error checking (both for wired and wireless).
So there is no way there can be any difference, unless you believe that
the different processing for wired versus wireless incoming data
packets affects the sound, in which case you'd better check the phase
of the moon as well.

--
opaqueice