results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=19817
Question: Should there be a new forum for photos?

- yes
- no
- maybe

opaqueice;133430 Wrote:
> I think you win, Slee :-).
>
> Naive question - why do you need 4 monoblocks?  Do you have a simple
> crossover in each speaker, with an amp for each?
>
> It always seemed to me the ultimate in that direction would be to have
> the crossover be digital (say in some sort of super TacT) and
> customized to the speaker, with a dedicated channel for each cone
> (tweeter, woofer, etc.), and with a seperate amp on each channel.  Of
> course for you that would mean 24 monoblocks if I count correctly...

The TACT systems allow you to use an external digital crossover (up to
24th order Butterworth or Butterworth Squared).  In my 2 channel rig,
this means that I use the TACT to set a crossover at 220Hz to separate
the mains from the TACT corner load subs.

What you are talking about can be done already with the TACT BOZ
216/2200.  I use that system in my 5.1 setup with the TACT TCS MKII.
While I don't have 3 amps for each of my 5 Eggleston Andra IIs, I do
use 2, separating the lower driver (at 135hz) from the upper drivers on
each of my Andra IIs.  I use a total of 10 amps in that system (not
including the sub) and set the crossovers via the TACT BOZ 216.

Here is a pic of the 3 front Andra IIs in my 5.1 audio setup. Each one
is bi-amped and uses external crossovers.  I had Eggleston build them
with the lower crossover disconnected.

|Filename: andra.jpg                                                |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1639|

Sleestack

*headphone:* singlepower sds-xlr at, classe sacd2, hd650
*2 channel:* tact rcs 2.2.xp w/ full aberdeen mods, bel canto oneref.
1000 monoblocks x 4,teac esoteric p-03/d-03, epiphany 12-12s (waiting
for my 20-21s), tact w210 corner load subs
*5.1 channel:* tact tcs mkii w/ aberdeen power supply, tact boz
216/2200 (x5) w/ aberdeen power supply, tact adc6 w/ full aberdeen
mods, denon 5910, bel canto pl-1a, eggleston andra ii (x5), velodyne
dd-15, pioneer elite pro 1130hd