From: the thread- How much difference do you think a new DAC would make
for my system, highdudgeon said:

"Personally, I went though the Lavry DA10 and a Benchmark. I found the
differences to be on the level of nuance -- when they were there at
all. So, I ditched them, and am running the SB3 directly to my amps"

I'm confused. You've posted that an external DAC didn't make a big
improvement, now you're agreeing that the SB needs one? Are you buying
a Transporter to use it as a transport?

I don't have DSL/Cable, so I have no interest in Internet radio or
creating playlists.

I don't have a "coach" in my listening room, and I don't mind getting
up to change the CDs in my transports or the LP on the TT.

--
mauidan