dpayeur;137399 Wrote:
> ...I do not mean to start a flame war here but could someone please
> explain to me the difference between a 20$ and a 350$ cable for digital
> signals (coax or optical). I do not have a golden ear or anything but I
> have a good ear, and a degree in electrical engineering.

I also have a EE background (CS/EE). I thought digital is digital and
used a cheap toslink cable for 2 years with my MSB Link DAC. When I
changed it out to a different 'audiophile' brand cable, I was shocked
to hear a difference. That is when I started to read about S/PDIF and
jitter.
So please read about jitter in the links provided by many helpful
posters here. You will have a better sound, if you can bring jitter
down in your system.

--
SoftwireEngineer