Yeah Dave, I wouldnt worry about blasting the speakers, I think the
Transporter run without pre has gotta sound better.  I did a thread
earlier about whether the Transporter was truly active and how much
voltage it put out, impedance, etc. because I really wanted to make
sure Transporter was optimized to run direct to power amps.  Afterall,
that was one of the reasons (and rationalizations?) for buying it.  I
could avoid buying a preamp! In fact, as a result of the discussion SD
actually changed the impedance in the Transporter in the 11th hour.
After all that, I concluded that the Transporter should be about a
PERFECT match driving most power amps.

--
atkinsonrr