highdudgeon;141368 Wrote:
> A Bybee filter is a placebo.

Just to take this a little off-topic:  I have no idea how a Bybee
purifier works.  However, more than one engineer whom I have tremendous
respect for believes that they provide measurable improvement to the
performance of an audio component (one of these engineers was a defense
contractor in a previous profession for *decades*, and it was in the
defense industry where the science behind Bybees first found practical
applications in aerospace electrical systems).

I have no doubt that Jack Bybee is among the worst writers/marketing
copywriters in existance; his descriptions of how Bybees work sounds
like snake oil to me.  But I believe the engineers I know who have
spoken about these purifiers.

The Intelligent Chip, on the other hand, is pretty outrageous IMHO.
Even if you fully believe the idea of a quantum-level effect making an
audible differene in your system, the idea that a permanent change
could be made to a CD by mere proximity to an inert piece of metal goes
way beyond plausibility...

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.