What an unusual, and unusually meandering thread. :-)

(I also read that article/posting and thought perhaps it could be
construed as suspiciously self-serving by someone with even a minimally
skeptical nature, even if Wayne is the most trustworthy and reputable
guy in all of modding, something of which I'm no judge but he seems
like a nice enough and competent enough kind of guy. So while maybe
High may appear to have a bug up... well you know, I don't really think
he should be jumped all over because he called it like he saw it even if
perhaps a bit abrupt or strident in presentation.  On the other hand
HighD, it does appear a bit as if you threw a punch and then wanted to
call off the fight when it looked to get a bit rough... :) (and, sorry
HighD for continuing posting, but you did open the can of worms and I
didn't want to feel left out).

Any case.... where this thread has gone to is kind of interesting.
Wouldn't it be interesting to have a thread devoted to Tweaks, with the
simple format of:

- Tweak
- "Science" or "Magic"
- Presentation of supporting or debunking engineering background or
measured results

For instance:

- do the Totem Beaks actually do anything and if yes, why?

- how does a small jar of pebbles placed on the floor in a room work?
or a clock with a dot on it?

There's such an enormous cottage industry of tweaking and modding in
this hobby that of course some of them are complete BS snake oil.  But
that obviously doesn't mean they all are.  I still am not entirely sure
what side of the "if it isn't measurable it can't make a difference"
debate I'm on....

--
joncourage