PhilNYC;141803 Wrote:
> Well, a measurement "in realistic settings" is measuring the setting,
> not the equipment, no?  Mark Levensin (the company) used to post
> frequency response measurements "from 1st refection points", and my dad
> (a scientist) couldn't stop laughing, because there was no legitimate
> way of stating this kind of measurement without describing the room,
> the wall materials, etc...
>
> I do agree that the industry could do more with regards to things like
> dispersion patterns et al...mostly has to do with loudspeaker
> performance and how they might be affected by in-room factors...

I didn't mean measuring audio from loudspeakers. That is way to
complicated to get anything reproducable and comparable. Just the
normal electrically measurable parameters, but when everything is
hooked up and running.

I just disconnected my A/V section from my TacT 2.2x, and, as usual,
the CD/SB sound improved massively.

--
P Floding