Gotta throw in my 5 cents as well.

Forget woodoo and quantum physics.
The science involved in audio is not rocket science. (Although some
might say it is more complicated..)

However, engineers make oversights, such as forgetting totally about
timing issues in sampling systems (digital audio). Components, when
hooked up together, affect each other and are affected by external
fields.

I'm confident that there are things still badly understood -or all
music sources would sound as good as the Transporter (assuming the
reports are correct). The only other alternative is that we can
actually hear things 130 dB down in level, which I don't believe. And
if we could, why would they have such a major impact?

My own experience points to connectors being a major source of
problems. Their state can make or break a system's performance.

--
P Floding