I ordered a Transporter directly from SlimDevices today as a UK
distributor told me that the UK distributors will not receive them till
mid-october. I chose 2 day shipping. Half an hour after the order was
made I received an email stating that it had shipped. Amazing!

I am a little perplexed as to why anyone would order from a distributor
as they do not seem to be offering the free SB3 with it (I did not look
at all of them but the one I talked to said that their offer ended on
the 15th September). I was surprised to find out that the UK
disributors are not given the offer by SlimDevices (i.e. supplied with
a free SB3 for each Transporter sold) and that any that matched the
SlimDevices free SB offer had to take the hit for the free device on
their Transporter margin, which seemed rather unfair.

I'm interested to know how the VAT and import duty (which I ws told
would be 5%) is to be paid. Do I write a cheque when it is delivered or
what?

MC

--
ModelCitizen

Why does it always happen to me?

Squeezebox2 > Benchmark Dac1 > Naim NAC 82 > Naim NAP 250 > Shahinian
Arcs.
Music catalog: http://modelcitizen.mine.nu/music.txt