Double-blind testing is a tricky thing -- there's a whole science to it.
In terms of audio, done over time with one or two people, it is valid.
Use different lengths of music.  Do it over different days, even.  Tally
the results.

Otherwise, you need a larger sample to correct for individual oddities.
That's what I like about the Bay Area Audiophile Society test -- they
actually bothered to do it correctly.

On a forum I participate it -- highly reputable, the Robert Greene
forum -- a member posted to the effect that, after years of fiddling
with interconnects, he decided to try a test himself.  He had his wife
change cables every few days over a three week period.  There were
three different cables.  They ranged from very expensive to reasonable.
In the end, he couldn't tell any difference, do he kept the reasonable
set (Bryston) and sold the others.  That's a sound a approach.

--
highdudgeon