CardinalFang;144273 Wrote:
> I have a SB2 with X-DACv3 so that's tempting...if only I liked the
> visual design of the Transport more, I'd jump. Perhaps I should learn
> to love the looks :-)

Well my view is that I don't spend as much time looking at it as I do
listening to it, and the silver one is not unattractive.  The dual
displays are more of a benefit than I had anticpated and the knob is of
less value than I had expected.  In reality all of the (many) buttons
across the front panel, and the knob, have barely been used - I'm sure
some of the buttons on mine will never actually be pressed.  When you
have a remote, and have grown used to the SB2/SB3 concept of no
physical on-board interface, you don't really have a need to jump up
every few minutes to twist the knob to select the next track.

I'm sure it was a carefully considered decision by SD to make it look
more "audiophile", but when you have all of your music digitised you no
longer have a need for physical interaction with the transport - in my
mind that is one of the main points of the whole set-up. I doubt if SD
would consider a cheaper, remote-only interface variant, and I have no
idea how much such a change would save, but it would be fine for me.

davep

--
davep