P Floding;144743 Wrote:
>  As it turns out it seems I have to fiddle with these connectors at
> least every day to maintain great sound.

any idea why the connectors has to be fiddle around to maintain the
sound quality ? maybe it's oxidation of the conacts, but oxidation
should not occur that fast.

P Floding;144743 Wrote:

> BTW, even multitrack studio recordings will sound better than ever, but
> to really hear the difference you need a good recording  that captures
> the room reverb information. Also, it seems that things originally
> recorded on analogue tape and only recently transferred to CD sounds
> best.

looks like the old analogue format still has a lot of life in it yet.
I've been thinking about this for some time. The analogue format gives
you infinite resolution, whereas the digital format is limited by the
resolution at the time of the recording. 50 years from now, when
technology gets better, and you're able to quadruple the resoltuion
that you're getting today, you're not going to get better sound out of
the recording made today. Where as the analogue recording made today,
will sound a lot better in 50 years time, if it was remastered with the
highest resolution available at that time.

--
khewa