Makes sense, I can understand then why I didn't understand the need -
none of those things really matters much to me.

I'm pretty impressed with the speed of the new version (6.5); a big
improvement over 6.3 in my system.  I'm also running Slimserver on a
dedicated PC with the server and scanner running at the highest
possible priority levels, that has helped quite a bit to keep it
snappy.

Everyone in my household is pretty web-savvy, and we generally have a
laptop (or 3:) sitting near-enough to where we listen, so the Slim
interface was readily adopted.  I'd bet there are ways to secure the
config settings, maybe plugins exist with password security? (isn't
that already in the interface?)

Maybe there's a market for someone to develop a sonos-form-factor
remote for slimserver.

--
joncourage