babi8987;145558 Wrote:
> I am going to be building a new surround sound system around my
> Squeezebox 3. For a budget of about $2000 here are the components that
> I am considering purchasing:
>
> 1. A Denon AVR-2807 A/V Reciever
> 2. Klipsch RSX-5 Satelite Speakers
> 3. Klipsch RCX-4 Center Channel Speaker
> 4. Klipsch RPW-10 Subwoofer
>
> I would appreciate any comments regarding this group of components.
> My music to movie ratio is 60% music 40% movie.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Just to throw out another random opinion..

The Denon seems like a decent idea.. but maybe a bit on the overkill
side.  With a $2000 budget, you're better off tweaking the ratio to the
speaker side.  The AVR-887 might be a better deal for you.

As for the speakers, the best thing you can do to make the 40% movies
really good would be to make sure you center matches the mains.

I have Definitive speakers that have identical drivers
left/center/right.  Having a smaller center is the worst thing you can
do because 90% of the audio comes from there when watching movies or
TV.  Having identical speakers make urround pans from left to right
very smooth.  I demoed a lot of combinations when I bought the system
many years ago, and having the drivers change is very noticeable.

The brands of speakers that I would listen to in the price range you're
looking for are: (Alphabetical order, to not give weight to any one
brand)

Definitive
Infinity
Paradigm