highdudgeon;146040 Wrote:
> These are good points.  There has always been an argument for separates
> in audio for just this reason.  In the high end, it is almost taken for
> granted, for instance, that we separate line states and amplifiers.
> With a SB3 and Lavry you do have the advantage of being able to handle
> more or different kinds of digital signals.  If you pipe through some
> potentially jittery component in the way -- say, an EQ unit -- the
> Lavry will handle it. Again, in my experience, everything sounds the
> same through the lavry.
>
> The bit about decay in the review interests me a great deal.
Yep. I'm afraid Transporter wasn't really designed to compete with best
outboard DACs out there. It appears to be very refined source component,
with digital inputs as added value. I might be wrong though, as Sean
posted somewhere that they can add some input jitter reducing scheme on
software layer. Well, it would be interesting to hear more about that...

--
325xi

simaudio nova cdp >> simaudio moon i-5 >> revel performa m20 via
acoustic zen matrix reference ii and acoustic zen satori

-planned additions: sb3 >> deq2496 >> lavry da-10 >> ... or will it be
transporter?-