I just went through this process recently when I bought a new pair of
Dynaudio speakers. I also have a Denon AVR4800. My conclusion was to
keep my Denon as my hometheater with my old Klipsch KG4's, center, and
satellites. Perfect for movies.

I paired my Dynaudios with a Luxman L-430 (120WPC x 2 of good clean
power), but even then I felt I wasn't getting enough out of the
speakers. Looked into Krell, Creek, Musical Fidelity, NuForce, and then
finally decided to go with Portal. http://portalaudio.com/paladin.html

I wanted to keep things as simple as possible with as few things in the
line and decided to forego a preamp and use attenuators instead. I
finally decided on more of a "passive preamp" design in the Luminous
Audio Axiom. ($160!) http://www.luminousaudio.com/axiomrca.html

Another great choice would be the Endler Attenuators:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4c5pt/id2.html

I am still putting things together, so I can't provide feedback as yet,
but I definitely second the opinion of those above: serious speakers
(especially those which are power hungry), need a serious amp. Don't
skimp on the power, and go with seperates.

Kook

--
ob_kook