I don't know how big your room is, but if it's relatively large, I would
consider investing more in a quality and/or larger subwoofer.
www.avsforum.com has all sorts of thoughts on the matter - velodyne,
outlaw, svs, hsu - to name a few.

Another 5.1 system to look at might be SVS's STS package.

Finally, try to audition as many speakers as you can. For brands like
Paradigm you'll have to find a dealer (i.e. not Best Buy or Circuit
City). But, by understanding which brands of speakers you like, you can
then extend that to other brands you haven't heard or auditioned and
understand the type ("bright" vs. "warm" - for example) that you like.

Mitch

--
Mitch G