You don't consider a $500 remote control to be high end enthusiast?  You consider that mass market?

I think the parallels between Harmony and SD are what should guide most of our thought here.  Namely:

1) Harmony remotes are still considered to be very good, despite the Logitech name
2) The $500 remote came out after Logitech acquired Harmony, from my understanding
3) The Harmony brand name is still front and center, even though Logitech owns them