tomjtx;149646 Wrote:
> What about initial warmup of electronics? eg. amp , transporter etc are
> disconnected from the outlet. If one perceives a "hardness" to the
> sound for the 1st several minutes , 10 minutes or 30 minutes is there a
> scientific explanation for this or do most of you think this is
> psychological?
> BTW, I don't have any opinion on this, but I know there are a lot of
> enginers and science savvy people on this forum and I enjoy learning
> about that perspective.
>
> After all skepticism and knowledge are wonderful financial protectors
> in the audiophile world.

Just wanted to applaud your attitude towards the criticism -- I thought
this thread might go downhill quickly when I saw the first few

As for the issue at hand:  I must say that based on my own experience
and my amateur knowledge of electrical engineering that I am firmly
with the skeptics on this one.  Can't see what a burn-in period would
accomplish for an electronic device.

--
azinck3