highdudgeon;150223 Wrote:
> That's quite true.  I've experimented a lot -- a lot -- with EQ and no
> one who has heard one of my systems could really make out a difference
> of 1db at a given band.  2bd, sure.

I'd agree, HD. You need to get 1.5-2dB on broad or narrowband eq to
truly hear a difference when mixing. Overall level is slightly
different and you can hear sometimes hear <1dB differences but it's
going to depend on the spectral content at the time because of the ears
non-linear "loudness response" (fletcher-munson etc)

My preamp only lets me set 1dB level changes and to be honest I never
change the level by less than 2 or 3 steps up or down,

--
Phil Leigh