Greg Erskine;150593 Wrote:
> . Well, the SB3 arrived and I was shocked, this thing didn't sound as
> good as my old Yamaha CD player or Pioneer DVD player but I still loved
> it, it is so so convenient. But after a week....well nothing
> happened....it didn't get any better. I was expecting far more, even
> from a standard SB3.
>

> I am very interested in modding the SB3 to get it up to the level of my
> Transporter. This is the only way to really find out the facts.
> Happy listening
> Greg

Greg, did you try plugging the SB wall wart into a power conditioner?
This made a significant difference in SQ. Next get a Bolder modded
Elpac. There are only a few elpacs left and Bolder is raising it's mod
price from 85.00 to 100.00 on Nov.1.
You can order the mod before you buy the elpac. When you buy the elpac
have them ship it directly to Bolder to save shipping costs.

I am a skeptic and cheapskate but this mod is well worth the cost. Live
with it for a few weeks and then you can decide if you want to mod the
SB as well. Since I have a TP I won't go further than the Elpac. If I
keep my SB it will be for my kid.

Glad to hear you perceive a difference with TP burn in I am hearing
significant improvement especially in the top end. I don't think it's
in your head, I go back to my old DACS as a reality check to compare
the TP with.

--
tomjtx