Hi Guys,
I provided a technical explanation for the theoretical possibility for
burn-in phenomenon to be a real one. But it looks like you all like to
talk about the psychological aspect of things. One of the cable
manufacturers whom I trust are Zu. These guys design their cables using
software http://www.ansoft.com/products/em/max3d/index.cfm?&vflash=y
These guys also beleive in burn-in. I think it is mostly due to the
newly manufactured insulation of the cables changing characteristics.
There are some who think, even there are some changes in the conductor.
So many cable manufacturers use cold-annealed or long-crystal copper or
even cryogenically treated ones. Whatever it is, the burn-in seems real
in my personal experience.

--
SoftwireEngineer