highdudgeon;151495 Wrote:
> Oh, and I would say this: maybe stay away from tube amps.  They don't
> have the same bass response and high resolution as well-made solid
> state amps.

Outrageous flamebait :D

Listen for yourself is all.  Krell stuff is highly respected, but the
last Krell I heard sounded laughably bland to my ears.  If I owned it,
I'd never play music.  But that's my ears - highdudgeon's are
undoubtedly different (although his choice in speakers is better ;) ),
and yours will be too.

It's like women.  Look around, have fun, and buy the one you fall in
love with.  Rest assured it will be more expensive than you intended
:)

Adam

--
adamslim

SB3 and Shanling CDT-100, Rotel RT-990BX, Esoteric Audio Research 859,
Living Voice Auditorium IIs, Nordost cables