Gildahl;151538 Wrote:
> I'm very interested in learning more about this battery solution.  I've
> asked about this here before, but received replies that kind of
> discouraged the idea.  What do folks here think about chemical reaction
> noise, non-sinusoidal waves and other battery issues?  It always seemed
> to me that straight DC power would be an almost ideal power source.
>
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=28637&highlight=battery

I haven't tested using a battery, but I have a gut feeling that
galvanic isolation is more important than minute thermal/chemical
reaction noise. (Meaning that a battery would be a good thing.)
However, a battery must still have bypass caps so the internal
frequency dependent resistance doesn't affect transient power suppply.

--
P Floding