adamslim;152268 Wrote:

> I did hear an upsampling dcS full monty system some time ago and it
> sounded astonishing, though.  It was a £20k CD system in a full system
> worth well north of £100k all-in, so I suppose it should...
>
> Adam

Ummm...You don't think that other gear might have made the Shanling
sound nice, too? Comparing DAC's in completely different systems is
completely worthless. What you need to do is spend $100K and surround
your A/B comparison with really nice gear, volume match, do DBT, and
then tell us what you think about each DAC.

--
ezkcdude

DIY projects page:
http://www.ezdiyaudio.com

System:
SB3->EZDAC->MIT Terminator 2 interconnects->Endler Audio 24-step
Attenuators (RCA-direct)->Parasound Halo A23 125W/ch amplifier->Speltz
anti-cables->DIY 2-ways + Dayton Titanic 10" subwoofer

He's not hi-fi, he's my stereo.