Mark Lanctot;152331 Wrote:
> OK, post edited, but I stand by the rest of it.
>
> The Squeezebox/Transporter are very low-jitter devices and they sound
> better than most other audio sources, so there must be something to it.
>
> I guess I don't know enough about it to comment.  However I'd think the
> room and speakers would have an effect many orders of magnitude higher.

Almost everyone with just a little experience of hifi thinks speakers
are the most important component. In my experience the source
components are usually the real "bandits" when sound is bad. That and
bad connectors (even internally in the speakers). Surprisingly good
sound can come out of very cheap speakers if everything else is in good
order!

--
P Floding