Can I inject a wee bit of real information here? Most of the DAC's that
claim to eliminate input jitter do so for a very good reason - they use
a chip which actually pretty much does that (AD1896). Now,  what they
don't tell you is that the chip costs ~$17.00 and is really very easy
to implement, but hey, that's marketing. Anyway, the DAC I built for
myself uses this chip, so I think I'm qualified to talk about it,
although I don't have the equipment necessary to do the jitter
measurements myself. If you read the data sheet for AD1896, it is very
clear that jitter rejection is very good. The tradeoff is that you have
to live with your signal being upsampled and decimated, but this is done
so accurately, that it did not concern me. Here's some text from the
data sheet, and I urge anyone who really is curious about this subject
and wants to learn more to Google "AD1896" and download the pdf from
the ADI website:

--
ezkcdude

DIY projects page:
http://www.ezdiyaudio.com

System:
SB3->EZDAC->MIT Terminator 2 interconnects->Endler Audio 24-step
Attenuators (RCA-direct)->Parasound Halo A23 125W/ch amplifier->Speltz
anti-cables->DIY 2-ways + Dayton Titanic 10" subwoofer

He's not hi-fi, he's my stereo.