LikeButtah;155218 Wrote:
> Phil,
>
> Your advice seems sound to me. Unfortunately (or fortunately?), I don't
> live in the UK. I live in Canada, but the Rothwells are certainly still
> an option. They wind up being something like $75 shipped, so pretty
> reasonably priced. The endlers also seem like a good idea, but at $150+
> they're a bit out of my range at the moment. As far as servicing goes,
> I'll check with the guy I bought the 303 from and see what he had done
> to it over the years. He's a bit of a technician himself, so perhaps
> he's already had a go at a few of the things you've mentionned.
>
> Although servicing is not in the budget for the moment, it's something
> I want to keep on the horizon for the next few months. I'm thinking of
> having the DIN and the power plug jack changed for more conventional
> stuff at the same time.
>
> I'll order the Rothwells, have the cable made, and I'll be sure to let
> you know how it goes.
>
> Thanks for all the advice everyone!

Sorry I hadn't realised you were in Canada! the 33/303 is such an
"English" combo -I really shouldn't assume!

Anyway the advice of others to install padding resistors in the signal
leads will work as well...and cheaper. However, the Rothwells (etc) for
the relatively small outlay will be more flexible over time. The sound
will be the same either way though...

by the way - check this out: http://richardbrice.net/quad33&303.htm
Regards
Phil