Uhhhh....correct me if I'm wrong, even though I'm not, but you're the
one who, in an odd moment of coolness, admitted to taking things too
personally on these forums.  Then, you proceed to insult everyone
around you -- while they maintain a sense of humor (oh, sorry, "humour"
-- I know that, being English, like you said, you might not understand
American spelling) -- and are shocked to find someone pissed off at
you?  Even worse, someone with very coherent, carefully worded, and
well written responses?  Okay, sure, it included the word "idiot." But
you had to see that coming.   Look, the holiday about which you
complained is over and I guess the gloves are off until the
Hannuka/Christmas/Kwanzaa.

To my English friends out there: I am kidding.  Actually, it's an odd
fact that some 4,000 words in our two versions of the language have
taken on different meanings, or no longer even exist in one of the
versions, and this is to say nothing of the spelling differences.
Strangely enough, or perhaps not, scholars seem to agree to British
English is more and more influenced by the American version rather than
the other way around.  I suppose that has something to do with our
almighty empire.

Thank goodness for Benjamin Franklin.

--
highdudgeon