JJZolx;157629 Wrote:
> The DBT crowd is especially noisome around here.

I think this goes hand-in-hand with the changing political climate in
the US.  Now that the former ruling party have been shown to be the
liars and schemers they are, a new renaissance of scientific thought is
poised for take-off.  So called "intelligent design" has been shown to
be the crock-of-poo that it is.  I would expect many of the
touchy-feely-it's-my-feelings-that-matter-anti-DBT types that have been
flooding usenet and internet forums to go into hiding or wake up to the
new (old) reality, the REAL reality.

All the prayer in the world never resulted in the materialization of a
CD or transmutation of a rock into A CD player.  These and all other
products you use and the machines that make them are the result of
applied science and engineering, the sum of billions of man-hours of
study, thought, and effort.  DBT is a product of science and the result
of psychological studies of human behavior and it works, even if many
audiophools think it doesn't apply to them, even as they have
benefitted from it.

Expecting people who have a firm grasp on reality to go away or keep
quiet as the audiophool insults their hard work, intelligence, and
contributions to society is unreasonable to say the least.  Expecting
moderators to quash dissenting opinions that are based on logic,
reason, and scientific method is the audiophool equivalent of "rapture"
in which the moderator will transport the chosen audiophools directly to
audiophool heaven where they will never have to hear a differing opinion
for all eternity.

Yeah, right.

TD

--